CODE OF CONDUCT FOR EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS AND CONTRACTORS WORKING WITH CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
Management, staff, volunteers and contractors at Monash Villarreal F.C. are required to abide by this Code.
Under the President, management will:
- Be responsible for the overall welfare and wellbeing of staff and volunteers;
- Be accountable for managing and maintaining a duty of care towards staff and volunteers; and
- Nominate a Child Protection Officer to provide information and support to all staff, volunteers, children, young people and their carers regarding child protection matters.
All people involved in the care of children on behalf of Monash Villarreal F.C. will:
- Work towards the achievement of the aims and purposes of the organisation;
- Be responsible for relevant administration of programs and activities in their area;
- Maintain a duty of care towards others involved in these programs and activities;
- Establish and maintain a child-safe environment in the course of their work;
- Be fair, considerate and honest with others;
- Treat children and young people with respect and value their ideas and opinions;
- Act as positive role models in their conduct with children and young people.
- Be professional in their actions;
- Maintain strict impartiality;
- Comply with specific organisational guidelines on physical contact with children;
- Respect the privacy of children, their families and teachers/carers, and only disclose information to people who have a need to know;
- Maintain a child-safe environment for children and young people;
- Operate within the policies and guidelines of Monash Villarreal F.C.; and
- Contact the police if a child is at immediate risk of abuse, phone 000.
No person shall:
- Shame, humiliate, oppress, belittle or degrade children or young people;
- Unlawfully discriminate against any child;
- Engage in any activity with a child or young person that is likely to physically or emotionally harm them;
- Initiate unnecessary physical contact with a child or young person, or do things of a personal nature for them that they can do for themselves;
- Be alone with a child or young person unnecessarily and for more than a very short time;
- Develop a ‘special’ relationship with a specific child or young person for their own needs;
- Show favouritism through the provision of gifts or inappropriate attention;
- Arrange contact, including online contact, with children or young people outside of the organisation’s programs and activities;
- Photograph or video a child or young person without the consent of the child and his/her parents or guardians;
- Work with children or young people while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs;
- Engage in open discussions of a mature or adult nature in the presence of children;
- Use inappropriate language in the presence of children; or
- Do anything in contravention of the organisation’s policies, procedures or this Code of Conduct.
What happens if you breach this Code of Conduct?
If you breach this Code of Conduct you will face disciplinary action, including and up to termination of employment or cessation of engagement with the organisation.
Approved 1st January 2020
Monash Villarreal F.C.